Saturday, February 19, 2011

Wiki Assignment

For my wiki lab, I looked up Michigan State University on Wikipedia. I was trying to look up anything about international student enrollment at Michigan State University. The only fact on Wikipedia was that some students come from about 125 countries. I was very surprised that no specific international student enrollment number was mentioned and what top countries were represented especially when MSU is playing a very big role in international education. This is what I corrected and added (in red):
While 89% of students come from all 83 counties in the State of Michigan,[30] also represented are all 50 states in the U.S. and about 130 other countries.[2] In 2010-2011 5,351 international students enrolled at MSU. The top five countries represented: China, Korea, India, Taiwan and Canada. [5] 

Here is a screenshot of a page that I corrected in Wikipedia:


I created my wiki on Wikispaces: http://neringa.wikispaces.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment