Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Final Reflections CEP 811

I have really enjoyed CEP 811. It was very informative and very hands on class. I learned so much in this course that I could use in my workplace. A few projects that I enjoyed the most was creating a lesson plan, StAIR and a website.

Since I am mostly working with department administrators, the lesson plan I created could be used as a source of presentation. It was very helpful and new to me to use instructional design principles to create my lesson plan. I think that a real word performance is very important aspect when designing a lesson plan or presentation. I also really enjoyed looking back at my lesson plan and seeing how I can apply UDL Principles to assist different learners. I have the UDL checklist printed and I will design every lesson plan using UDL principles.  

StAIR project was very interesting to create. I probably spent 10-15 hours to create my project but I think once it is modified using my classmates and co-workers suggestions, it can be used by our international students. There are so many more topics that I have in mind for my other StAIR projects: applying for a social security number, driver license, etc.

I have never had a website of my own. I will use my weebly site I created mostly for personal reasons. I will upload my updated CV and upload my course work from my Certificate courses. I was struggling using Dream-weaver to create my site but it was an interesting challenge.

My new goal is to finish up my Certificate course work. I have only one more class to go and then I will try to apply for a Master’s Ed Tech program. I am a full time employee and full time mom and I am just taking one step at a time. Raising my son in a bilingual family has brought
me some ideas to create a site for Lithuanian immigrant families or create something that Lithuanian immigrant children can use to learn Lithuanian.

1 comment:

  1. Learning to use technology effectively is really rewarding when you realize how much you can do once you know how. We are certainly glad we were able to provide a spark or two for you to use in the workplace and in your personal life.

    ReplyDelete