Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Group Leadership Project - Final

What tool did your group use to deliver the PD tutorial?  Why?

Our group used Prezi to deliver PD tutorial. 
We preferred Prezi over Power Point because we could be so much more flexible when preparing our presentation. We could embed videos into our Prezi. From my personal opinion, Prezi is more interesting presentation tool than Power Point. I prepared videos using iMovie and just uploaded them to Prezi without any problems. I prefer Prezi because it so much easier to work on it from the visual perspective. We had our own circles to work on. They were visible to us on one page. I just needed to zoom in to work on my circle. When one group member was done with his/her part, they created a path and let other group members know that he/she was done with his/her part. Then other group member just continued their path. 

What did you learn during the development process of the final product?

I learned not only about the use of iPod touch/iPad applications in the elementary classroom but also enjoyed the process of working on a project with my group remotely. We used web conferencing tool to brainstorm and plan the project. We worked on a group document together. All of the group members submitted their assignments on time or even ahead of schedule! What was difficult throughout the process is to summarize 7-8 minutes of my information into 3.5 minutes. I had to stand back and think what information was really important.


What would you do differently if you had to develop a similar product again?

If I had to develop a similar product again, I would have liked to spend more time talking and navigating through some specific iPod touch/iPad applications. However, because of time constrain I was not able to do that.

Below is our Prezi presentation:


1 comment:

  1. The group provided a great collection and variety of content. This opened my mind about iPad type devices versus the cheaper netbooks. What a neat application for students to explore learning to read with the interactive Dr. Seuss books! abcjoined up is really interesting, I wonder if there is any research yet on how effective any of these are? I agree it's always helps to actually have hands on access and time to try these things out. I did order an iPad (delivery at the end of class). Now I really look forward to checking out these apps.

    ReplyDelete