Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Social Networking

Social networking is very important in my field (international education). A big part of my social networking happens in person: attending state and national conferences. However, a lot of social networking happens on the web: most recent news, and different ideas on international education is shared on Facebook, Twitter, list serves, webinars, etc. I am a fan of NAFSA and NAFSA Region V on Facebook. I get most recent updates on what is happening in my field, information on upcoming webinars, workshops, and job openings. I am also a fan of Fragomen on Twitter (the world's leading immigration law firm) where I get informed about current procedures and processes, and up-to-the-minute information about immigration issues and anticipated changes.
I think social networking in a great tool to share different ideas and learn from each other. You can join hundreds of social networking communities with the same interests as yours or you can create your own network where you can share your own views and ideas or ask questions. It can work well in the field of education/school setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment